News & Events
- Golfing for our heros: Join the 4th Annual Veterans Guest House on June 13.• More information here • Register here
- Summer Salute is coming! Enter your car now • Here's more information
- We team up with the Reno Aces to win one for our veterans on July 17th and a portion of the ticket will the Guest House. The Reno Aces take on the Tacoma Rainiers. More information here • Buy a ticket here:
- From gift cards to laundry products, there's lots of ways to help the guest House. • See our Wish List here.
- Board Game Marathon at the University benefits the Guest House on April 5 & 6. Learn more here.
- Book Sale Coming! April 26th Learn more here.
- See Our Latest Newsletter.
Welcome to Veterans Guest House - A Home Away From Home
The Veterans Guest House is a "home away from home" for U.S. military service veterans receiving medical treatment and for families of veterans who are receiving care at facilities in the Reno/Sparks, Nevada area. It is located within two miles of three of the four major medical facilities.
The Guest House is located at the corner of Locust and Taylor Streets, just north of the VA Medical Center in Reno. The three-story house offers comfortable semi-private bedrooms, semi-private baths, kitchen facilities where families can prepare their own meals, a living room and a television room. In addition, an elevator and handicapped access makes it easy for guests staying at the Guest House who have physical challenges. The physical amenities of the house allow us to provide the intangible comforts of a warm, caring, supportive home, at a time when the veteran or family member is dealing with other more pressing issues. Guests are asked to make a donation to help defray the operating costs for the home. However, no otherwise qualified person is refused accommodations for lack of funds. » Read MoreThe Veterans Guest House is a member of the National Association of Hospital Hospitality Houses, Inc (NAHHH). For information on other members, please visit the NAHHH Web site.