News & Events
- Annual KOH Radiothon: Don't forget to listen in, attend and bid on some fabulous packages. • Read more about the Radiothon. • Here's the Auction packages.
- Summer Salute is coming! Enter your car now • Here's more information
- From gift cards to laundry products, there's lots of ways to help the guest House. • See our Wish List here.
- Buy supplies at It's My Community Store and the Guest House receives up to 10% • Read more
- Gov. Sandoval Declares 2014 The Year of the Veteran. • Read more here.
- Adopt-A-Day: Honor a Loved One at the Guest House. • Read more and sign up here.
Welcome to Veterans Guest House - A Home Away From Home
The Veterans Guest House is a "home away from home" for U.S. military service veterans receiving medical treatment and for families of veterans who are receiving care at facilities in the Reno/Sparks, Nevada area. It is located within two miles of three of the four major medical facilities.
The Guest House is located at the corner of Locust and Taylor Streets, just north of the VA Medical Center in Reno. The three-story house offers comfortable semi-private bedrooms, semi-private baths, kitchen facilities where families can prepare their own meals, a living room and a television room. In addition, an elevator and handicapped access makes it easy for guests staying at the Guest House who have physical challenges. The physical amenities of the house allow us to provide the intangible comforts of a warm, caring, supportive home, at a time when the veteran or family member is dealing with other more pressing issues. Guests are asked to make a donation to help defray the operating costs for the home. However, no otherwise qualified person is refused accommodations for lack of funds. » Read MoreThe Veterans Guest House is a member of the National Association of Hospital Hospitality Houses, Inc (NAHHH). For information on other members, please visit the NAHHH Web site.